Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jesus.

We just recorded the Crucifixion this morning. We have been focusing on Jesus' lines/part for the past week and a half. It has given me a new appreciation, love, and awe for Jesus Christ. I feel like I've been walking down the streets of Jerusalem with him, like I've been sitting on a hill listening to him, and like I was with him on the day he died. I felt the pain and hurt of the cross joy and excitement of his resurrection! What an awesome, amazing, gracious, wonderful God we serve!
The man who has been reading the part of Jesus, Dennis, has done an excellent job. Through nearly his entire part, I got to be his "prompter". As we walked done the road with Jesus together, a bond developed and a friendship deepened. Dennis went from a man I knew as an acquaintance/ brother in Christ, to a good friend who I enjoyed seeing each day. We worked well together, and part of me is sad that the Jesus part is now completely recorded.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying with us through this entire process. We have had many times where problems have come up, whether it has been the sound equipment, or the prompter/checker being sick, or the town mowing during recording time, or ... Your prayers have made a difference! Please continue to pray for us and this project as it continues. We still have 2-3 weeks of recording to go. Continue standing with us through prayer! Thank you so much!
God bless, Jared

No comments: