Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Snake....

There have been many things that have happened in the last 2 weeks, so I'll start with most recent and go backward.
After returning from a 2 week-long camping/business trip, we were unloading the car and getting "back in the swing of things". Then I hear Alice say, "A SNAKE, Mommy! Look!" Well, I ran to look as well. It was a brown snake, VERY poisonous. It was slithering away between the house and the church (our side yard). I didn't want anyone to get bitten, especially not the kids. I quickly grabbed a landscaping rake, ran up behind the snake, prayed I would hit it square on, and swung. WHAM. Praise the Lord I hit that snake right in the middle of his body--up near his head, pinning him to the ground. I then quickly ran to the cage where we keep the shovel, grabbed it, and chopped the head off. Whew. It was a bit scary, and the snake was as long as the rake handle.

Thank you for praying for our family's safety!! Be assured that I have talked a GREAT DEAL with our kids about staying away from snakes, and getting away from them if they see them. I have also told them to come and tell me if they see one, and they understand. Please continue to pray for safety, as it warms up, the snakes come out more. We haven't seen many, in fact this was the first one in nearly a year.

Here's a picture... not for the faint-hearted.

No comments: