Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Time In Townsville

We had an excellent Thankgiving!


We visited a "tourist-y" place for the fun of holding exotic animals. The guide asked if anyone wanted to hold this 1 1/2 meter python, and of all the people, CAMERON was the first to volunteer (and right away at that!). A three year old with no fear. :)
Cheri was the "tree" and all the rest of us got to pet the koala. It felt like an interesting mix between a sheep and a rabbit.

Here's a pic of Alice with her new haircut(which she BEGGED for)! She's standing with Jessica, the oldest daughter of the friends we stayed with. All the kids really had a fun time and played well together. :)
Cheri and I were also blessed to go on two dates together! One to the movies, and one to the GREAT BARRIER REEF, to snorkel! It was a lot of fun, and I saw a shark twice while I was snorkeling. The guide said, "There's a shark under the boat. But don't worry, it's just a white-tipped-reef shark." Since he didn't seem worried, I wasn't either...but I kept my eye on that shark while I swam!
And, here's me and my beautiful bride, both trying not to "feed the fish". It was a rough ride out to the reef, but still an excellent time. :) God's creation is amazing, and to think it's fallen! I can't wait to get to heaven, to see things as they were meant to be.
We also got to visit a really cool "Great Barrier Reef" aquarium with the kids. Bethy loved standing with all the "Nemo" fish. :)
Thanks for all your prayers for us as we traveled and had a bit of a rest after a lot of work. It was a huge blessing.

No comments: