Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Favourite Part. :)

As with every job anyone has, there are things I love doing, and other things that "aren't my favourite". Well, the last few weeks have been filled with several opportunities to do exactly what I really like doing. :)
  It has been rather busy, but also enjoyable.  My favourite part of ministry here in Australia is having opportunities to sit down with people and read/study God's Word, and learning to speak Kriol.  One morning after the Barunga Music and Culture Festival, we were visited by Ivan, my indigenous brother, and he asked us to pray with him.  After praying together, he stayed for another 3 hours to do "Bible reading".  PRAISE GOD!  Please keep him in your prayers.  He has been a huge encouragement to me, and I have seen that he is genuine in his faith.  He has been faithfully attending the Kriol Baibul Study, and has expressed an interest in becoming a pastor to his people.  If we can help to train him up and grow in his relationship with Dedi God and Baba Jisas (Father God and brother Jesus), YAY!  As I have spent more time with him, it has been a blessing to get to know him a bit more, and walk this road with him!  Thank you all so much for your prayers for him, our family, and for the men and women of Barunga and the surrounding communities.
  We are currently hosting TWO Jamaicans now.  They are both sleeping in the downstairs flat.  Kris-Ann has been with us for 2 weeks now, and Monique just came home with us yesterday.  They are both here to learn Kriol, and help people to study God's Word as well as find out how they can best use their gifts in this ministry.  Please pray for their adjustment to this culture and environment.  Pray we can be a blessing and help them in this part of their journey.
  We just returned from an indigenous leadership camp, training the church leaders and others in preparation for Yangbala Kemp (Youth Camp) coming in July!  It went well, and it was a blessing to spend time with my indigenous father.  He is a strong Christian man with a heart to share Christ with his family and community.  When Cameron saw him, he said, "Is he my grandpa?"  I told him yes, of course, so every time Cameron saw this old man, he would yell out, "HI GRANDPA!"  It was a blessing to me and to my "dedi" too.  Kids are a blessing.

  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support of our family and this ministry.  You are a blessing to us;  it's a pleasure and joy to serve with you!

                 In Christ, Jared

PS Here's some pics of life. :)

Bethany lost her 1st tooth! :) She's currently working on losing her 2nd!

This was a picture I liked of Cheri teaching a lesson at the discipleship course in Beswick.  The women enjoyed using the puppets, too!
This was the "pup tent" at one house in Beswick during the discipleship course.(SMBG)  Cameron and Bethany both loved holding the puppies.
On June 12th, Cheri and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary with a 12km hike through Nitmiluk National Park, and then dinner out.  I'm looking forward to spending another 88 with my Cheri Dear! :)

No comments: