Sunday, July 29, 2012

Not there yet...

It's hard for me to believe my oldest daughter is already 7 years old.  It seems like only yesterday she was born, and in seven years so much has happened in her life:  She's moved over 12 times, had open heart surgery, learned to ride a bike, ...  Before I know it, she'll be driving.  --But I don't want to think about that right now.  :)

It's odd, because it seems like just yesterday I was saying, "I wish I was seven!  Second graders are so old!"  Time really goes by quickly.  My life will be coming to a close before I know it, and when I look  back I hope to have lived a life that is pleasing to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Something I've been thinking about a lot has been my lack of ability to "live right" and truly follow Christ.  I feel truly inadequate, desperately sinful and hypocritical.  I understand it's a journey, and God is daily working on me and making me into the person I am created to be, but I seem to throw a bunch of "spanners in the works". (Aussie for "mess things up"...)

I want my life to be a blessing to my Lord, and to the people I interact with.  I want to practice what the Bible says, not just say what the Bible says.  I don't want to look into the Mirror, and then walk away and forget what I look like.(Check out James.)  When it comes to the final day of judgement, I know I will not be able to hold my head high.  Christ is my righteousness.  Apart from him, I am nothing.   With his help, I can do the impossible; whatever the "impossible" is.  "With God, all things are possible."  He who began a good work in me will be faithful to bring it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

So, what can I do?  Simply cling to him, trust him, and take it a day at a time--because before I know it my days will be finished.

No comments: