Thursday, January 27, 2011

Power Steering Victory!

Yesterday was a very eventful day for me. First, I went in to Katherine to pick up a small part to finish installing a new power steering reservoir. The bus leaves from Barunga at eight. I almost missed it and had to run to catch it before it was gone--but caught it! Once in Katherine, I bought the part I needed for $3.50, went to the store and picked up some stuff, and then caught a ride back to Barunga with a friend.

I was glad to catch the bus, and get the part I needed to fix the Cruiser and install the new power steering reservoir! This is the first car repair I've done other than changing the oil. :) Luckily the power steering reservoir is not a difficult repair to do, and so it was accomplished quickly after getting the right part! :) YAY! Here's some pics for the mechanically minded, and those who aren't as well! :)

Here's the part:

The power steering reservoir is the part with the two blue/white dots on it!
Here's the part in context! :) ^

Just so you know, I didn't discover the problem, a mechanic up in Darwin did, and said it wasn't an "urgent" fix, so he wasn't too worried, but it needed to be fixed. He dianosed it, and I got to "be a man" and fix it! :) I was also coached from a distance by a friend in Darwin. He was a great help.

Thanks for your prayers! :)

No comments: