Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The blessing of lice?

This past Tuesday was the 6th time since moving to Barunga to sit down with my daughter, and remove lice and nits from her hair. What a blessing. You might have just said, "EXCUSE ME? Did I just hear that right?" The nits and lice themselves are not a blessing, but the time spent with Alice was a blessing. As I was picking through her hair and combing and picking, we were able to listen to music together, and I found out she really likes the song, "Charlie Brown" (He's a clown, that Charlie Brown. He's gonna get caught, just you wait and see. "Why's everybody always picking on me?") We listened to that song several times. Alice also likes, "One-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater". Basically any song with the chipmunk voices on it. It made me smile.

If you think or pray for us today, the lice are gone (we hope!) and everyone is well. Today is R.I. (Religious Instruction) at the Barunga school, and Jocelyn and Queenie will be the teachers. I (Jared) get to be the ride. Pray it would go well. Thanks!

One more request for prayer: we still have not recieved the projector in the mail for the movie on Friday. Please pray it arrives! :)

God bless, Jared for all

No comments: