Thursday, March 29, 2012

Basic everyday life. (or every WEEK life)

"LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
Isaiah 26:12

I came across this Bible verse the other day as I was reading. This verse was a good reminder to me that everything we are doing here isn't really because of us. God is the one who accomplishes his good works through us. He's the only reason our lives or any of the ministry bear good fruit. He has done it for us. He is the one who changes hearts and causes things to happen as they do. At the end of the day, I can't take any credit for the things God has done. We have just been blessed to be included, and get a front row seat to see it unfold.
In the past 2 weeks, here are some things that we've been a part of. Cheri had the privilege of sitting with one of the church leaders to translate a pamphlet on a day we would usually have Baibul study. The other ladies had all fallen sick. The day had the potential to be very discouraging, but God used that time.
I was able to sit down and write the rough draft to a pamphlet on the Body of Christ in Kriol. This was quite a feat for me, because I have a hard time sitting still long enough to accomplish stuff. Specifically when the thinking is difficult, and I'm by myself. If you think of me, please pray I would be diligent and focused on what I need to do.
I'm not much of a desk work type person--for those of you who know me, this is NOT a surprise--and it seems that much of our work right now is "desk work". I'd much rather be out with people, learning Kriol and interacting with them. I appreciate your prayers.
Cheri, on the other hand, is amazing. She is in the middle of her third pamphlet, and is very passionate and dedicated. She also relates well to all of the olgamen(older ladies) who come to our house. She is a blessing. I need to learn a lesson or two from her. :)
Thank you so much for your constant prayers on our behalf. We are blessed to include each of you in our lives and ministry. Without your prayers, nothing of eternal value will take place, no matter what we do. And, in the midst of everything, good or bad, we need to remember what Isaiah prayed:
"LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." To HIM be the glory, forever.

1 comment:

Gao Fei and Nian Ci said...

Beautiful blog - thanks for your words of encouragement to all of us! Jean