Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Update from the Mullets!

Well, it's been a month since I blogged last.  That's encouraging because it means nothing earth shattering has happened.  Cam is completely off his medications, but is still on a special renal diet.  Other than watching out  for what he can't eat, he's back to his normal self! :)  He is learning to read a bit, and enjoys trying out his skills when we're doing devotions.  "Dad!  Can I read the key verse?" :)

Bethany is doing well; she is a joy to have as my daughter.  She's so affectionate and compassionate.  She also has a new good friend here in Katherine!  She and her friend play together at school, and have also made it a habit to ask if they can play together. :)  Bethany is very outgoing, but it's good for her to have a special friend.

Alice is doing well in school, and she has been a big help at home as well.  She helps with the dishes, and the other night she mopped of her own volition!  What a sweetheart.  As this school year is coming to a close for all the kids, Alice is really looking forward to 3rd grade.  :)

We have been blessed with three children, who aren't too small anymore. :')

Cheri Dear is still studying to become a nurse, since it's the summer semester she is only taking one class.  She has also taken a part-time job at McD's.(should start any day now...)  She is a blessing to me. 

I've been back in work, becoming a "certified" teacher.  That has been an interesting time.  Nearly there, though!  Then, back to teaching, teaching, teaching! :)  It has been a huge blessing to work for Mission Australia.  Each of the folks I work with has been very kind and understanding, specifically my 2 bosses.  God has blessed me wonderfully.  He has truly blessed our family.  I'm so thankful for so many things.  We are spoiled.  HOWEVER, if we were to buy a turkey for Thanksgiving it would be $60!  So, count your blessings, all you American friends! :)  We'll probably have a roast this year.  We will be having another family join us for Thanksgiving, and that's going to be a lot of fun!

I have stopped using FB, so if you want to contact me, please e-mail us, or write a message to Cheri's FB page.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and love.  There's some exciting stuff on the horizon, but I'll share it when it happens! :)  God bless, yumob!!  And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: