Friday, October 18, 2013

Update on Cam: One week out...

Cam has been out of the hospital for over a week now, and seems to be doing well.  He's still taking a blood pressure pill and one other pill, but he doesn't have to take the caltrate anymore.  If we mix the pills in with 25% Juice, he doesn't throw up. :)  They are apparently some pretty gross little pills.  He will be weaned off them. 

He has been going to the doctor twice a week to get his blood pressure checked, and get blood drawn.  His blood pressure is getting back to normal.  At first it was on the high end of normal with the pills, but it is lowering.  So that's good news.  He should be completely healed within 2-3 years.  He has been acting normal and his face isn't swollen anymore. 
I didn't realize how stressed we had been during this whole trial.  As the dad, and as the "strong figure" I didn't realize how hard this whole thing has been on me.  When I returned to work, everyone could see a difference.  One man told me, "You haven't been yourself, and that's okay.  You've been through a LOT.  Everyone can see it."  I was distracted, and not able to remember things or stay focused very well.  I'm doing a bit better.  It's been helpful to work in such an understanding environment. 
  I've always known God's will would be done, and I'm really thankful that things are turning out so favourably for Cam and us.  Thank you for your prayers and for continuing to lift Cam and our family up.  God bless, yumob!  If you have any questions for us, please ask.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad to hear the good news! Of course it's been hard on all of you. Cut yourself some slack, dude :-)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073972/