Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Surprise Answer to Old Prayers! :)

I was reading through my old journals today, and I came across a prayer request/hope I was praying about that God has answered in a really awesome way!  We were still with Wycliffe when I wrote this journal entry on 8/19/2012:

"...We are very seriously considering moving to Katherine.  There is one specific home we are interested in..." (God gave us a home!!)
"...I would like to have a job somewhere else  and then have ministry with our church working with youth and doing praise and worhip leading.  Also if we could start some sort of indigeous outreach at the church(in Kriol) that would be great.
  Since there are so many indigenous folks in Katherine (Who may have left their communities for one reason or another) we could reach out to them, disciple them, and they can take Christ back into their communities!  How would/could we do it?"

As you all know, God has opened a huge door to share the gospel with men and women at the Venndale Rehab Centre 30km from Katherine.  Our church has been blessed to be going out there to lead church services for over a year now!  Praise God for His amazing answer to prayer!  I need to journal more often, and read through things to see how God has answered other prayers I may have forgotten I even prayed!

At the bottom of this certain journal there are verses on each page.  The verse at the bottom of this entry was Deuteronomy 31:8 "The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!