Monday, October 25, 2010

Two for Tea -- How about ELEVEN?




Today we were expecting a group of three wekinmen(workers) to come for their morning break at our house. I (Jared) had invited them to come for a cup of tea at the morning break last week. The time came for the break, but no one was showing up. Cheri went to visit a friend of ours in community and invited her over for Kriol Bible Study. She said she'd be over in ten minutes.

Cheri ended up going to pick her up, along with a friend of hers while I waited for the men I had invited last week to show up. I had my doubts, but I prayed, "Well, Lord, someone has got to come, so I will set up cups and tea and cordial(Kool-Aid)." I brought down six cups, knowing there was only going to be 4 people coming, but hoping and praying for more.

Cheri showed up with the two ladies she went to pick up, and I told them I was hoping for the other men to come whom I had invited a week earlier. She picked up her cell phone, and called the boss. She said, "Yumob kaman bla cupatea taim? Jared imbin waiting la yumob. Ma." She said, "Are you guys coming? Jared is waiting for you to have tea with him. Okay." Within a few minutes, they came. They came en masse. We ended up needing to run upstairs to grab almost all of our tea cups/mugs in order for all the men to have a cuppa! PRAISE THE LORD!

Instead of "tea for two" we ended up with "Tea for ELEVEN"! Praise the Lord! The wekinmen (working men) left after they finished their cuppa tea/coffee, to get back to work, but we got to meet them, and perhaps they will come each Tuesday for the cuppatea time. I asked the boss, and he seemed favorable to that idea. PRAISE THE LORD! Thank you to all who have prayed for us, especially for today. God brought the men, and women! It was a good time to begin building relationships/"getting out there to be known".

Please pray for opportunities to share Christ with these men as they continue to come for "cuppa", that they would come to the Lord, and eventually become leaders in the church. Thanks a ton! Praise the Lord!

After the wekinmen left, the two ladies stayed with us, and we had a Kriol Baibul Study, in John 1:1-18. It went really well, and was a good time of language learning, as well as digging into God's Word with our sisters in Christ! We are praising the Lord for answered prayer. Keep going with us! :)

No comments: