Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Daddy! (Part 1of 3)

Much has happened, so I'm putting it in 3 different posts! :) Enjoy!



Santa Jared (Or Jared Claus?)! :) The Santa suit didn't come with a beard for Santa, and we found this out an hour and a half before I was to be Santa! This gave us an opportunity to be creative. The beard I'm wearing is made out of an old sandbox pail handle, a sock that has been strategically cut and superglued to the bucket handle, and cotton balls that were unrolled and glued to the sock! The pants were for a fat man, which I am not... So I stuffed 2 pillows in it to make it fit!
I got to be Santa for Bethany and Alice's class at school!!
Alice told me, "Daddy, I was excited to see Santa until you walked through the gate. Then I knew it was you; so when all the other kids ran up to you, I just sat at the table and waited."

On any given night we can have "surprise" dinner guests (usually kids from town). We had an idea. What if after dinner we read the Christmas story in Kriol to the kids who come to dinner? We've had a chance to try it out, and it worked! The two girls we had for dinner sat and listened to the Christmas story, and even told Bethany to be quiet at one point so they could hear! Pray for more opportunities to read about the TRUE meaning of Christmas with kids who may not know it otherwise, in the language they understand best. Praise the Lord!

No comments: