Saturday, October 5, 2013

Second time around...

So, Cam is back in Darwin.  This is good, but I've also noticed myself(Jared) getting tired.  I'm tired of hospitals, tired of the smell of "extra sanitary", tired of the extra cold A/C, tired of measuring out urine...and I haven't even been doing it for the past week!  Cam is beginning to get better, and I can see it.  I want him to come home.  Like RIGHT NOW.  I know he wants to come home too, and all this is "getting old".

HOWEVER, on the bright side, we have been able to take Cam out of the hospital for extended periods of time, and just bring him back to sleep and get his blood pressure taken.  The staff here at RDH(Royal Darwin Hospital) are nice, too.  They've been very kind and understanding, especially when Cam has a fussy attitude.  All of the medical staff we've dealt with over the past 2+ weeks have been very kind.  There are all kinds of things we can be thankful for.

But, he's not ready to come home yet. (sigh)  We're getting close, SO close.  I know there are other families who have had to stay longer in the hospital than us, and their situation is permanent.  I'm thankful this is only for a "short" time in our case.

For all who have been praying for us, thank you.  Please pray for perseverance, especially as we near the (hopefully) end.  Or perhaps stamina would be a better thing to pray for.  We're not going to quit or anything, we just need strength.  Specifically, pray for Cam's blood pressure to be normal, and for him to be drinking enough fluids, as well as eating enough.  Until his blood pressure is consistently normal, he can't leave.  He's currently taking a little pill to help with that, as well as a calcium supplement and a medicine that helps him to pee.  When he can be taken off those, he will be coming home.  I know you've all been praying with me, and I look forward to praying more with you as well.  If there is anything you would like prayer for, just let us know and we'll be praying for you as well.  Thank you again for bringing our family before the Lord, and for encouraging us during this time.  Each of you is a blessing to us.  Thanks, yumob!

No comments: